Re: Europa-List: Door Fitting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door Fitting
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 04:29:52

Fred,

I would be the last to question your experiments (I am only a Secondary
Modern Brat).  However, I did hear that the RAF Slingsby Firefly suffered
some heat damage to its carbon composite wing when the military decided to
paint the aircraft black for conspicuity.  Furthermore, all the worlds major
composite sailplane manufacturers seem to produce their aircraft in white
and even the advice in the Europa manual is/was to keep away from dark
colours.  "Much more than the sun can ever do" - don't know about that, I
can still recall watching an egg fry on the apron in Arizona.  My aircraft
is white and it is staying that way but hey,  -- if that is what you want ,
go for it.

regards,

MP