Re: Europa-List: Fitting Doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fitting Doors
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:58:32

on 8/17/04 4:17 PM, Al Stills at astills@senecawholesale.com wrote:

> JIM,
> I have not installed the gasket yet and don't plan to
> for a while yet. I'm trying to understand the fix for
> this............as I understand it a 1/8" pin to fit
> into a hole in the sill. The "bow" I have is in the
> natural bow of the door halfway to the top. I can't
> quite see where a pin will hold it down as the pressure
> is out away from the frame. Maybe I'm not seeing it
> right.

Al,
You will have to continue working with the top hinge supports of the door.
As I recalled I had the same bow in the front edge of the door that stuck
out. I had to shim with washers at first under the door hinge supports and
the plane. Once I had the door fitting right I made shims the size of the
washer stack. It's a weird angle but if you continue messing with the space
there the fit will come. Once I found the fit I had to sand the top door
hinge supports down a bit to meet the fuselage. I think your answer is at
those supports.

Hope this helps,

Jeff
A258