Europa-List: Classic stainless exhaust fault

Subject: Europa-List: Classic stainless exhaust fault
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:49:13

I thought I would pass on something I have recently discovered about the Classic
stainless exhaust.

The port rear manifold on mine has cracked right around the collar weld just
after
the flange. It has been examined by CKT (the manufacturer) and they tell me
that there have been a few of these fail (all port rear). Apparently CKT did
not do the jigging and it was found that the port rear was slightly out of
position.
All this was corrected about 18 months ago so anyone with one of these
exhausts older than this should check theirs for signs of cracking.

I must say that Chris Piper (the CKT representative I spoke to) was extremely
helpful.
He is going to make another one for me inside 10 days for =A358 + VAT
which I think is very reasonable.

Nigel Charles