Europa-List: Europa performance with Subaru and Catto prop

Subject: Europa-List: Europa performance with Subaru and Catto prop
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:57:01

----- Original Message -----
From: "GLENN CROWDER" <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
"..............The air was very smooth so I got some good runs.  168 mph one
way and 172 the other (no fudging or diving to gain speed first).  I only
did two runs but I will do more next time.  .................."   Glenn
Crowder  Golden, Colorado

Glenn,
            Thanks for the rundown on your combination power/prop! It was
interesting to read of the changes you made, and the speeds you acquired,
especially for the altitude and temps you experience in Colorado. I used to
look down from the 30ks enroute from Toronto to LAX at the countriside and
wonder how the Europa would do there.........
            However, I don't think it's 'cheating' to dive for a higher
cruise speed, or starting from a higher engine power and reducing at higher
speed. There's a lot of pallaver about the procedure but I thought we
covered that a few months ago, and feel it's an acceptable method of
acquiring a higher continuous cruise where achieved.
            May you go to even greater speeds as developments occur! Keep up
the info to us wantas, though...........
Ferg
A064