Europa-List: Gap Between CP Module Tunnel & Firewall

Subject: Europa-List: Gap Between CP Module Tunnel & Firewall
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:52:54

>Hello friends.
>
>I plopped my cockpit module in the canoe for a trial fit and cleco hole
>drilling today.
>When the module is pushed all the way forward I still have a wide gap at the
>top of the tunnel. About 10 mm or 3/8 inch between tunnel top flange and
>firewall bulkhead. Can that be correct?
>
>Page 11-6 of the manual reads that some sanding may be required to fit but be
>sure not to sand away any glass. There is no way I can sand enough away at
>the bottom to compensate for what appears to be nonparallel surfaces without
>hitting glass or completely removing the bottom module flange!

Doesn't seem very normal to me. Look for any extra folds of pre preg glass
and resin around the lower front of the tub that shouldn't be there
(someone in production having a bad day?) and grind them away. You should
be able to achieve a good fit. Spend some time looking carefully. It won't
be wasted.
Graham