Europa-List: Re: Fuel Filters

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Filters
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:01:35

Nigel & Graham & others,

With respect to your comments:

--
I use Mr Funnel too but you need to remember that it has a 120mu mesh
filter. The Andair gascolators have 70 micron, Rotax specify 100mu. It
is
possible to block an Andair with rust particles that just got through a
Mr
Funnel. The tiny crystals are small enough to wedge themselves into the
Andair mesh.<

It might be an idea to see if we can retrofit a Mr Funnel with a 70
micron
filter. Provided that it has a large enough surface area it shouldn't
impede
the fuel filling too much. Perhaps we can get Andair to look into it?
What
do you think Graham?
--

Have you checked ACS recently?  The latest version of the Mr.Funnel,
v.F15C now has a 74 micron filter.

(http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/mrfunnel.php)

  Perhaps replacement filters are available from Mr.Funnel to upgrade
your existing Mr.Funnels?  Check with

http://www.mrfunnel.com/

They have numbers and e-mail posted for technical support.  If it's a
problem to call from the UK, let me know and I'll call them from this
side of the pond.

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
(75%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,
Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in. Working in - 24 Instrument
Panel, 25 Electrical, 27 Setting Wings, 29 Main Gear, 30 Fuel System,
32 Tail, 34 Door Latches & 35 Doors.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123