Europa-List: Redux pre-warming before use????

Subject: Europa-List: Redux pre-warming before use????
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:55:26

Gidday,
Well if all goes well tomorrow I hope to bond in my module. It is winter
here in Aussie, however pretty tame by international standards. I have used
old redux once or twice lately, and it is really thick, I think due to the
OAT being about 10-15 for about 18 hours a day, and 15-20 degrees for the
remainder. So, my question is..........is it wise to attempt to prewarm the
redux, only a little, in my tucker box freezer with built in rheostat
light, or should I just leave it alone? If I leave it alone, and don't
preheat anything, well I will get a longer working life with my redux, and
once on I can then raise the temperature of the workshop to about
30+degrees C using my air conditioner. I am tempted with this method, but I
will be mixing and applying a coldish redux mix. Chemically I don't really
see a problem for a well mixed batch or two, and then the air conditioner
should accelerate its chemistry in situ. Any comments much anticipated, and
will be appreciated..

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Roof Panel between doors completed.
Photos at:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/modules.php?set_albumName=TonyR&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&PHPSESSID=902b69917a45f8b18ac84fe3f85a704b
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Undecided