Re: Europa-List: Some good news, anyone?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Some good news, anyone?
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:57:22

TELEDYNMCS@aol.com wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>Just wanted to report that A-245 now looks more like an airplane than a
>canoe.
>
>After months of prep work, with the help of a few friends we bonded on my top

>this morning. All went well and it looks like a good fit. Mr. Plumbob and Mr.

>Level report all is well, straight and true. We used about 480 grams of
>Redux, with about 80 grams or so of waste.
>
>So, now, my status is:
>
>Wings, ailerons, flaps, antiservo tabs, and rudder ready to start filling and

>finish. Wingtip lights ready for installation, fuselage top is bonded on,
>fuselage is up on it's gear, both sticks are wired for PTT, pilot and copilot

>headphone jacks are installed, flap wiring and switch are in, trim wiring and

>switch are installed, center console cutdown is completed, cockpit and baggage

>bay area are painted, wing and tail tiedowns installed, instrument panel is cut

>and drilled and ready for instruments, transponder and Com antennas and coax
>installed, strobe power supply, power wires and high tension feed lines are
>installed, overhead console complete except for wiring, all panel covers
>complete, rudder cables installed, and custom floor mats are on the way.
>
>Thanks to all for your input with special thanks to Graham for his input on
>the splash flange for the rear bulkhead. Now, I hope I can still get
>cowls...........
>
>Regards,
>
>John Lawton
>Dunlap, TN
>A-245

John,

Congratulations on sewing up the fuse.  You beat me by a day or two.  We
plan to bond on A055's top tomorrow or Monday.  I feels really good to
see all that work start to look like an airplane.  Like you, I only hope
I can get the remainder of the parts needed to finish the project...

--
Jeff A055
Builders Log: http://www.N55XS.com