RE: Europa-List: aileron closeout question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: aileron closeout question
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:52:27

Andrew Sarangan wrote:-

> OK, I understand why they will deflect by different
> amounts. What I don't understand is what significant
> effect this will have on flight performance. . . . .
> I am anal about perfection

Andrew,

I imagine if the differential movement of the ailerons was not the same
in each direction of turn, it would be more likely to detract from the
handling qualities rather than performance.

In a worst case scenario, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if for example,
you had to apply considerable rudder to turn in one direction and little
or none to turn in the opposite direction.

As you are no doubt aware, the Europa is a delightful aircraft to handle
and to be consistent with your anal desire, I'm sure you would rather
have the ailerons working correctly which is born out by your already
redoing the setting of the A2 plate etc.  I'm sure you won't be
disappointed says I who recently reset his tailplane torque tube because
it wasn't quite right !

Cheers

Kingsley Hurst
Mono Classic 281 in Oz.  Building progressing at a snail's pace lately
owing to having to spend too many weekends away from home lately.  Yes
another one again next weekend.  Talk about frustrating especially with
everybody saying, 'when are you going to have that aeroplane finished ?'