Re: Europa-List: NACAs backwards

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NACAs backwards
From: qcbccgalley <cgalley@qcbc.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 18:41:40

The NACA vents do not create a vacuum. They only permit the flow of air from
high pressure to low pressure.  They are a low drag opening only when going
---From high pressure, high volume to low pressure.  Installing them as exhaust
where there isn't drag problem isn't helpful nor does it improve the flow as
exhaust is a low flow situation as well.  They are Not designed for this
application. Sure they might look nice but they are actually impeding the
exhaust flow over an extractor type port.