Europa-List: Removing Redux

Subject: Europa-List: Removing Redux
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 00:11:23

I have used rubbing alcohol with great success for removing Redux prior to it
hardening.
The best results are after an hour or two of curing, at this stage
the Redux is gooey and the rubbing alcohol works well if you keep the cloth well
saturated.  Works a treat.

Erich Trombley
N28ET Mono-Classic 914

The manual forbids us strictly to use acetone ( 'at all cost, even the apours
of
it' )  on the perspex screens.

Does somebody know a way to remove the very thin remnants of Redux  from the
windows
after gluing them in.

I tried vinegar and that worked, but very hard. I'm sure there must be an
easier
way.