Europa-List: Fly In/BBQ at Lydeway Field, Wiltshire, UK

Subject: Europa-List: Fly In/BBQ at Lydeway Field, Wiltshire, UK
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:04:17

I will be holding another Fly In/BBQ at my airstrip (Lydeway Field) this year.
The event will be on the same setup as last year (ie free fly in, free BBQ and
drink in exchange for taking a few of my neighbours on short local flights).
The date for the event is Sat 17th July (weekend after Kemble) with a possible
backup day of the Sunday.

For those unfamiliar the strip is 790m grass (10/28 ) which makes it very easy
for those not familiar with farm strips. The surface is firm and smooth making
it useable for trigears as well as monowheels. There are a few trees/hedges to
watch out for and I do ask that visitors respect the noise abatement procedures
to avoid irritating nearby residents. Further details will be included in
the briefing sheet provided.

I will be limiting this to 10 aircraft due to the congestion having to backtrack
during departure/arrivals. Anyone who is interested in attending this event
should send an e-mail to nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk.

Nigel Charles