Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 7 Msgs - 05/19/04

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 7 Msgs - 05/19/04
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:21:08

Guys,

One thing to keep in mind is that the return flow on a 914 is very high
compared to a 912.   I have to go back to my measurements but I seem to
recall that it was around 47 gallons per hour with two pumps on.  I have not
flown mine yet but I have run it up into full boost for 2 minutes without
fuel starvation, however I only have a single gascolator.

Interestingly enough after about 1.5 hours of engine running my gascolaor
picked up a huge amount of debris, which I cleaned out.  Since then I have
completely drained, refilled and drained the tank through a filler and the
gascolaor and I haven't found any more debris in the filler

Paul