Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cable

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cable
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:25:39

Erich,

Your idea for replacement of the throttle cables is interesting.

 > I have utilized a Bowden cable of similar diameter which is
specifically designed
 > for push/pull applications.  For those not familiar with a Bowden
cable it
 > is basically a semi-flexible solid wire cable.  I ordered mine from
ACS p/n 05-1550.
 > One end of the cable will need to be modified to accept the Europa
throttle
 > housing/lever.  I bent the end of the wire over a cable fitting, ACS
p/n
 > CF2700, to form an eye and Reduxed the wire to the cable fitting.
This allows
 > a bolt to go through the wire end and attach to the throttle lever.
The other
 > end of the cable is attached to the carbs in the original manner.

I have gone to the ACS catalog and to their website and can not find a
cable with p/n 05-1550.  Would you please check on that p/n again?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
(65%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,
working chapters 23 Fuselage Top, 24 Instrument Panel, 25 Electrical,
29 Main Gear & 34 Door Latches.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123