Europa-List: Top On!

Subject: Europa-List: Top On!
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:28:55

Hi All and Svein expressly!

My top is today finally bonded on
and wanna share my experiences:

- it took Redux 3 x 105 g (75+30) = 315 g
- about 50 g was wiped off
- it took 20 clecos and about 100 pcs of self-tapping screws
- three man
- 3 hours (1 for preparation, 1 for bonding and 1 for finishing)
- starting temparature was 16,0C and humidity 53%
- after all 24,7C and 32%, stable
- levelling spar pins and torque tube 0,00 degrees
- levelling fin by plumb line exactly 90 degrees
- after all my wife thought we deserved one bottle of
Laurent Perrier brut and so it was my first Europa champagne

The most important thing: few days ago Svein from Oslo
recommend me to install plywood block between lower
fuselage sides just front of torque tube to prevent TT binding.
I noticed that without this block TT comes very easy stiff
when top is on.

I am very grateful for Svein from this golden advice and
will recommed it for everybody. Stiff TT is not very sexy.

This evening was a milestone for me.

Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT #417
OH-CVK