Europa-List: Micro-mesh treatment of windscreen scratches

Subject: Europa-List: Micro-mesh treatment of windscreen scratches
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 17:51:11

Hi Guys,

I had a few nasty scratches on the passenger side windshield on my
classic Europa from hurried panel removal.

Micro mesh seemed the obvious solution, and I'd been pre-warned it need
a fair amount of time and elbow grease to obtain a desirable outcome.

Well, after about 3 hours, and two or three attempts, the original
scratches are nowhere to be seen !
In their place is the faint 'misting affect' of thousands of tiny
scratches from the Micro mesh itself. Perhaps part of the problem is the
curved shape of the affected area, and the difficulty of maintaining
direction when polishing.

Now, perhaps we just weren't determined enough, but we did try damn hard
and its very frustrating.

Does anyone have advice as to how to remove this affect ? It would've
been great had we succeeded, and I'd have probably carried on to do the
whole windshield.

How do you get that finally sheen ? Is it worthwhile using another
product to finish the job ?
Would some mechanical device be more effective at keeping to a straight
line ?
Alan. D. Stewart

  _____

I've stopped 273 spam messages. You can too!