Re: Europa-List: Rotax Regulator Wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Regulator Wiring
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 10:05:18

> The wire size called out by the Rotax manual for 'current-carrying'
> regulator connections is 2.5mm2; which is somewhere between 12g (3.35mm2)
> and 14g (2.08mm2).
>
> Duncan McF.

Sure - thanks. I will probably use 12AWG.

But it was an easy mistake to make - NO-WHERE is that earth connection from
the rectifier-regulator marked as being "high current carrying" or any
similar term. It is in the installation manual as an earth, just like the
earth to the starter solenoid.

I rather expect it to improve the stability of my engine instruments when
this earth is properly installed ! 12 or 14 amps through 22AWG will have
heated it up a LOT ! And increased its resistance (I think)

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, EGSG (Stapleford)
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)