Re: Europa-List: Aerobatics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aerobatics
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:07:49

Hi Peter,

During the initial flight testing I performed only one to two turn spins
to the left and right.  These only required opposite rudder to break the
spin.  My build parter, Dave DeFord, tried some multi-turn spins more
recently, and found the plane would not break out with rudder only,
requiring opposite rudder PLUS a momentary application of forward stick
(to NEUTRAL, lets not get carried away and push it into an inverted
spin) to break the spin.  The rotation rate in a spin is definitely
faster than a Citabria, and a little faster than a Great Lakes biplane,
as I recall.

regards,
Terry Seaver