Re: Europa-List: Neville: Can stuff nuts be reused?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Neville: Can stuff nuts be reused?
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:17:49

> Question about the stiff nuts supplied with the kit.  Can stuff nuts be
> reused? As you know many items must be assembled and dismantled while making

> adjustments. Will the integrity of the locking nut withstand a few removals?
> Thanks!
>
> Brian S
> A276 Tri Gear. Texas

FAA says only that fiber or nylon insert types should not be reused, if the
specifed friction torque per their published table (7-2, AC 43.13b) is not
met.  If we took a poll among mechanics, I suspect they generally and freely
reuse even these in noncritical applications, else just replace.  Note that
the table goes no smaller than 7/16, and for which test we will be charged at
$50-60/hour.  Silly gubment advice... :-)

Fred F.