Re: Europa-List: Foreign travel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Foreign travel
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:30:29

James, On 22 March I sent a general question on need for prior permission to
the address in the March2000 Popular Flying article on  European travel by
PFA aircraft :
                  Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile,
                  Struttura DGAC,Ufficio34,
                  P.le Degli Archivi, n. 41
                  00144 Roma, Italy
   4 weeks later I had an email reply from Maria Casciani,
<m.casciani@enac.rupa.it > saying:  "Concerning your Italy overflight and
landing application for your UK A/C, you are kindly invited to send copy of
airworthiness certificate including operational specification and programme
of landings in Italy, for examination purpose. For your information our fax
is 06/44596551   ENAC SCA"
          On 20 April I emailed back scanned copies of my documents and said
that I had rather hoped that like France, Germany and many other countries
they had accepted the 1980 ENAC agreement and would say that we needed no
special prior agreement. I also said that another five Europas with
identical types of document would be travelling with me . I have had no
reply.
         I guess your best bet is either to go and if challenged express
ignorance, or say the you are one of the five referred to in my reply or
alternatively to fax Maria on the number she quoted.
        Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ