RE: Europa-List: Fw: FINGER BRAKE SEALS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fw: FINGER BRAKE SEALS
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:59:22

Ivor,

Thanks for the detailed info. I am about to recommission my fingerbrake system.
The original seals were sticking and I changed them . Now I notice that one of
the new ones is sticking again. I don't want to change the brake caliper
seals.Exactly
what should I use, assuming I use your same supplier. Also, how do
you change the seal which is part of the piston; does that come apart somehow
or do i replace the whole unit and what is the part number ? Can I use automatic
transmission fluid with the existing caliper brakes ? I was using Dot5 and
intended using that again. Any advice much appreciated.

Karl