Europa-List: Flap range

Subject: Europa-List: Flap range
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:28:24

Has anyone used the new type of flap linear actuator now being supplied?
It's
"square" in section and is shown on page 3 of:

http://www.europa-aircraft.com/Builder%20Support/Mods%20&%20SB/Mod%2068.pdf

What stroke does this have (the old version, which was also used on RVs etc)
had a stroke of 6".

Page 1 of the manual referenced above seems to hint that the original flap
tube slots in the side of the fuselage may not be long enough for the new
actuator, implying that this now has a longer stroke and/or provides a
greater amount of flap movement.

If this is so, then it's my cue to legally increase my flap movement to
accord with the current design; the existing 25-ish degrees is not enough!

Duncan McF.