Europa-List: Dimension of throttle please

Subject: Europa-List: Dimension of throttle please
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:58:56

Gidday,
I am attempting to locate the throttle in my classic module to best suit
finger brakes etc. and as such I would like to clarify if the throttle slot
is the same dimensions as the old classic for an XS module. I am wondering
if by raising the throttle, and revisiting the setup, Europa relocated the
position forward or aft. The front of the throttle box is 15" aft of the
firewall for the 912 S setup, and I would also like to know if this
dimension is the same for the 914 should I go down that path, with its gate
in the slot for full boost. If anyone reckons it should be more forward or
aft for comfort etc, I'd like to know. The position of the throttle
determines the postion of my finger brakes, and this is what I am working
on now.

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger (possibly convertible)
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Undecided