Europa-List: Rough running 912S

Subject: Europa-List: Rough running 912S
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:38:17

I made my first flight in quite a few months yesterday after 25 hour
service, fitting new brakes and speed kit etc. The run up seemed Ok but
3 or 4 minutes after take off at about 2000 ft. I felt what I thought
was a little roughness in the engine (912S), a sort of 'plucking' if
that makes sense.  There was also a smell of fuel in the cockpit.  I
immediately returned to the field and made a safe landing. Took the top
cowl off and examined the engine, no leaks apparent. I also took the
inspection covers off under the tank but couldn't find any sign of fuel
leaking there.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Richard Iddon. G-RIXS