RE: Europa-List: Fuel smell

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel smell
From: Europa Aircraft <europa@gate.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:38:28

Hi All,

The "fuel smell" is related to the type of fuel, and lines in the aircraft.
The factory now has available new 8mm, and 6mm flexible fuel line which I
have yet to detect any smell from.  This is close to what is referred to as
"fuel injection hose" at US auto part stores.  It usually sells for about $4
/ foot.

We have also experimented with a marine grade "red stripe" (not to be
confused with the Jamaican Beer) fuel line for the elbow with success if
that is where your smell is.

The last airplane that I test flew had no detectable fuel smell at all with
all using the new type flex hose & auto fuel.

Hope that helps!

John Hurst
Europa Aircraft
Lakeland, FL