Re: Europa-List: ASI

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ASI
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 03:48:57

Paul --

Well, under loose definition of recommend, I have a UMA 2-1/4" ASI that's
visually real nice, 40 to 200MPH.  Took one return of product to Spruce to get
one with just a couple knots max error on lower range where you like it
accurate.  Instrument shop checked the cal for me, so that's how I know, but
she did say "that's UMA for 'ya."  Opening it up and looking inside (did
that to paint the range colors and red line with jeweler's loupe and artist
brushes), it didn't look real well built to me, but it's light, cheap, works,
and it's a just a backup for me too.

Reg,
Fred F.