RE: Europa-List: Brake Seals

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Brake Seals
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:38:31

I can supply you or anyone else with the seals for the brake cylinder. I don't
remember the price but can check it out when I am back in Canada. John Hurst
should
be able to do the same. They aresimply 3/4 inch rubber seals without holes.
The end of the spring fits exactly into the back. A better solution might
be to get a stronger spring from a spring manufacturer, but this one is special
with a plate at the end which fits into the back of the seal.

For the 6 mm brake lines it just occurred to me that a few wraps of Teflon
(PTFE)
tape should do the trick of bringing it up to 1/4 inch.

Karl