Europa-List: Monster Jaffa

Subject: Europa-List: Monster Jaffa
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:38:19

I am in the process of painting the bits for a speed kit for my Tri Gear
using the Europa supplied paint kit. It is around 12 months since I
painted the rest of the plane which went very well.  I have all the
parts primed with the grey (acrylic / water based) spray primer/filler
and have just been trying to spray the barrier primer (isocyanate). The
result I have got is most peculiar.  The finish has come out like giant
orange peel. Suspecting that I had got some contamination on the surface
I have tried scrubbing the parts with detergent and rinsing off but the
same thing is still happening.

I checked the dates on the paint. The primer is still just within date
but the hardener is a couple of months past. Could this be the problem
or has anyone else had a similar occurrence and if so, how could I
overcome it?

Richard Iddon. G-RIXS (Puzzled painter)