Europa-List: suidel

Subject: Europa-List: suidel
From: Cory Emberson <bootless@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:43:41

----- Original Message -----
From: <europa-list@matronics.com>
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Request: Information for Kitplanes Article
(Instrument Panels)

<bootless@earthlink.net>

> Hello!
>
> I am writing an article for Kitplanes magazines that will feature builders
who have put interesting panels in their planes.  John Hurst suggested I
post my request on the list, which was easy, because I already subscribe to
four other Matronics lists.

> My deadline is rather short, so if you could email me as soon as possible,
hopefully by Monday, that will give me enough time to put it together.

> Here are some of the criteria I'm looking for:
>
> Instrument Panels that are (one or any combination):
> 1. creative
> 2. inexpensive
> 3. nontraditional configuration
> 4. nontraditional equipment
> 5. easier to use
> 6. enhanced safety (maybe the configuration made a significant difference
in troubleshooting/recognizing a problem, or in putting the plane down
safely because of its ease of use)
> 7. generally cool and different
> 8. anything else distinctive about it.
>
> Other things to keep in mind:
>
> 1. How you came to design your panel (How you got your idea)
> 2. The reasons why you did it as you did
> 3. What benefits you had in mind
> 4. Any unexpected benefits (and/or pitfalls) there were
> 5. What you learned
> 6. How many hours you've flown with it (if completed)
> 7. How it's performed
> 8. The equipment and tools you used
> 9.  How much time it took to build and install
> 10. Whether it took any professional or amateur assistance
> 11. The cost of building it.
>
> Here are the photo requirements for Kitplanes:  Photos must be 300 dpi at
a size large enough to use in the magazine, which is usually at least 3 x 3
inches. If an image is 300 dpi at 1 x 1 inch, it won't be big enough to do
any good.

> By the way, I will be compiling another roundup in early March for
distinctive (etc.) interiors and/or exteriors, so if you would like to
contact me about that one, I'd love to hear from you!