Re: Europa-List: Battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Battery
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:46:05

I previously had 30AHr mounted aft of baggage bay (and therefore long
cables). Didn't crank brilliantly (BMW R1100 10.7:1 comp. ratio and 550cc
per cylinder!); this was noticeable when assisting with jumpers.But needed
the capacity to run upto two electric fuel pumps (at 5amps each) and FADEC.

Now have 17AHr immobilised electrolyte high-discharge battery mounted on
firewall, which cranks 912s satisfactorily. But now don't need the capacity
because have no essential electric equipment to run off it.

Duncan Mcf.