Re: Europa-List: Tie-Bar Cut?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tie-Bar Cut?
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:28:22

In a message dated 2/22/2004 5:13:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DuaneFamly@aol.com writes:

> I was wondering....has anyone had to trim down the length of their tie-bar
> in
> order to make it fit? Mine is a bit too long without the W34's! Just want to

> make sure before I make a cut, for a change.

Hi Mike,

Yes, you will need to cut the tiebar down a bit. I cut mine within about 1/8"
of what I measured, then fitted it by slowly shaving the end on my disk
sander. The really hard part about the tiebar, at least as far as I was
concerned

(3 tries to get it right) was drilling the gusset plates. I would suggest that

you obtain a 12"  long, 3/16" bit. It makes the drilling a whole lot easier,
especially on the gas tank filler side. McMaster-Carr has just what you need
for about $6. Thanks to Neville for that tip!

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245