Europa-List: Re : Transponder antenna

Subject: Europa-List: Re : Transponder antenna
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:15:19

Hi Paul,

I have a Bob Archer transponder antenna mounted on the fuselage side, approx 6
inches behind the baggage bulkhead and I have used RG 400 coax to my
transponder.
The whole package works fine.

Cheers, John

N262WF
Mono XS, 912S, Mooresville NC

From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Subject: Europa-List: Transponder antenna
Can anyone enlighten me on positioning our transponder stubb antenna?
We have a microair T2000 transponder. They have suggested to us we
should limit the co-ax cable to 6 feet due signal loss. This would
preclude it going behind the baggage bay. I seem to have got it into my
head from somewhere that transponder antennae should be kept a
reasonable distance from occupants or is this just b******s?
Regards Paul Stewart #432 now G-GIDY>>>>