Europa-List: Engine Monitoring Systems

Subject: Europa-List: Engine Monitoring Systems
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:52:34

All,

I am at the stage where I have to decide whether or not to instal an
electronic engine monitoring system and if so, which one.  So far, I am
favouring the electronic ones over the steam gauge types.

After considering many options, it would appear the one which suits my needs
and my budget the best would be the Stratomaster E2 manufactured by MGL
Avionics in South Africa.

Soooo, I am soliciting comments from anybody who may have installed same or
who might know something about these units.  Any advice received in this
regard will be greatfully received.

The E2 can be seen at

http://www.lightflying.com.au/Stratomaster%20Manuals/E2%20Manual.pdf

Kingsley Hurst