Europa-List: GPS Driven Autopilots

Subject: Europa-List: GPS Driven Autopilots
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:12:35

Gidday,
I have heard of at least one builder who is using the Trio autopilot. I
haven't diligantly studied the specs yet, but it is cheaper than the
others, which isn't always the best place to start. However, I'd be
interested in knowing whether anyone has an opinion on the use of these GPS
driven autopilots.
http://www.trioavionics.com/Features.htm#Solid_State_Gyro

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger (possibly convertible)
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Undecided