Re: Europa-List: Navigatin lighting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Navigatin lighting
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 03:35:40

Ken:

If you don't have a copy of the Aircraft Spruce & Speciality Catalog, I
recommend you get one.  They are free, just go to the ACS website
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com) and order from their front page.  The
catalog is an excellent storehouse of knowledge.  For instance, there
is a section on aircraft lighting describing the configurations
necessary to meet VFR day/night and IFR requirements.

 > I would like to know what is required lighting in U.S. for night VFR
and later
 > possibly IFR. Is wing lighting with colored front, strobe center, and
white at
 > rear of same fixture adequate? If not please give lights and specific
locations.
 > I would like to keep wiring to rear of fuselage to a minimum. I
intend to
 > run wing tip wiring through a conduit since this is a composite
airframe Any other
 > thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
 >
 > Ken Gresham
 > Europa Kit  # A268  Rigging wings

Good building,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
(60%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, working chapters 23
Fuselage Top, 24 Instrument Panel & 25 Electrical.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117