Re: Europa-List: Tailwheel Attachment Ply

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailwheel Attachment Ply
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:20:17

Tony, You make the pad as shown in the diagram ignoring the 49 mm wide
label, which will be approximately true for only one of the layers. The
front and back of each ply layer is chamfered at +/- 45 degrees. The bottom
piece is about 15 to 20mm wider (fore and aft) than the top, but less wide
transversely to fit the curve of the fuselage. You will find that a tie down
rope ties nicely round the tail spring just above the tailwheel stop without
the need for any more ironware.
Regards, David, G-XSDJ