Re: Europa-List: Dynamic balancing? (UK only)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynamic balancing? (UK only)
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:33:26

>Sounds like a good case for convincing the Club to shell out on a dynamic
>balancer. They're about 1500

I guess there might well be enough Europa people in UK (and even near
continent) to make that workable; but how do we explain to the
overseas members of The Europa Club that we've spent a significant
proportion of their subs on a bit of kit they're very unlikely to
benefit from?

I've no idea how big/heavy the thing is, but I can't imagine that
posting it to US or Australian members would be practical.

At 50 per go we'd have to hire it out 30 times to recoup the captial
outlay. For comparison, the VSWR meter has been out 19 times since
November 2000 and the Carb balancer 9 times since December 2002. The
capital outlay on those was of course much smaller, and no charge is
imposed for loan of either.

regards

Rowland