Re: Europa-List: access panel centre consol

Subject: Re: Europa-List: access panel centre consol
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 21:17:34

ivor.phillips wrote:

> Hi guys how much of the centre consol lower fuselage panel can be remove
> to create a access panel for fuel pumps, wiring, gascolater, etc.
>
> I assume as the Mono has this removed, then a suitable strengthen panel
> can be used on a trike, this panel would be in addition to the two
> circular fuel drain covers,
>
> Am i missing something?

I think it's somewhat moot as to how much material can be removed, since leaving
maximum "floor space" is handy to neatly route and mount things.  My access
panel is 8" x 10.5", just about enough for easy access.  It's also sufficient
ground plane - with foil backing - for mounting a wire-type transponder antenna.
I have therein the 2 fuel pumps and filters, 2 alternator regulators and big
capacitor, a fuel sump in lieu of a gascolator, and the starter relay (have
baggage-bay mounted batteries).

Regards,
Fred F.