Re: Europa-List: Trail edge thickness and shape

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trail edge thickness and shape
From: James H Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:45:20

Ron,
        A square edge is what you want.  You need the disturbance created
by the square edge to control the    airflow over the aileron ect..
        To make my  6" aileron trim more effective, I had to make the
trailing edge about 3/8" thick like the trim tabs on the horizontal
stabilizer to make it effective.  I origionally had to have the trim tab
up about 5/8 to 3/4" to effectivly control the starboard wing.  (keep it
down) But with the increased thickness on the trim tab, I only have to
move it about 1/4" to have the same effictiveness.  So the shape of the
trailing edge is important to the effictiveness of that airfoil.

Jim Nelson
N15JN