Re: Europa-List: Centenial of flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Centenial of flight
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:13:30

----- Original Message -----
From: "John & Amy Eckel" <eckel1@comcast.net>
Subject: Europa-List: Centenial of flight

| Hello everyone,
| I will be heading down to Kitty Hawk, NC tomorrow for the reenactment
| of the first flight OF PROVEN SUSTAINED FLIGHT.  The Wrights were the
first home builders....
......I don't think so. That would make the hundred or so pilots before them
commercial purchasers. Let's keep things in perspective. The Wrights were
profound and intuitive fliers and builders, just not the first. Let's
celebrate what happened - an exciting and productive event. Even they gave
credit to predecessors. It's in the book.

| and I will be thinking about all of you that are building your own.  I
think this |is a international celebration because so many people have
contributed to the |advancement of aviation. If you are not aware the EAA
will have coverage on the internet at www.eaa.org.
| Good flying and building, John, A230

            Godspeed, John, and take a few pictures! Credit goes to a
country that provided the freedom and circumstances to permit such events.
Cheers, ferg