Re: Europa-List: Stall Strips

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stall Strips
From: Michael Parkin <Mikenjulie.Parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:19:36

Carl,

I found that my classic wing europa xs had a real nasty left wing drop at
the stall, particularly in the approach configuration.  I fitted the europa
stall warner which I am very pleased with.  However, I noticed that although
the ailerons were perfectly aligned at the neutral position on the ground,
in the air, I noticed a slight right aileron droop with the aircraft in 1g
flight.  Over a few flights I trimmed the droop out of the right aileron and
as if by magic,  the stall became very tame.  Both clean and approach config
stalls are now very benign.  It is possible to hold the aircraft in the
stall with the stick right back and all it does is 'waddle', no nose or wing
drop - 'perfick'.

regards,

Mike  G-JULZ