Europa-List: Mode S - and 17 Dec flying

Subject: Europa-List: Mode S - and 17 Dec flying
From: David Corbett <David.Corbett@fwi.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:48:58

I recently attended a meeting at CAA Gatwick at which Mode S was a subject
covered
in depth. I have written a report for Dave to publish in a forthcoming Europa
Flyer (the Club magazine, for those of you who are not members) - but I am
not sure if it is in the edition now at the printers, or the one that will
follow
in 2 months.

Do NOT go out buying Mode S transponders yet - read what I say!

17th December - UK flyers. I understand that we are all invited to register our
intentions for that day on the AOPA website www.aopa.co.uk so that AOPA will be
able to collate movements and then use this for positive GA publicity.

Pray for good weather - I will be off to Turweston with the Shobdon and Gloster
Struts.

See you there!

David
G BZAM   UK 265 (220 hours now)