Re: Europa-List: Monowheel position of elevator and aileron?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel position of elevator and aileron?
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:22:55

Ron,

If there is anything that I have picked up from the few Europa flights I've
had, is that the stick is in your belly all the time! If you relax the stick
forward then the tail could lift and then you will pivot into the wind on the
mainwheel. Hence my decision to go with the conventional gear. And then the
stick into the wind (left) to keep the wings from lifting up. I'm sure I will be

corrected if I am wrong.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Cockpit module installed, tailplane torque tube in place, & landing gear
frame installed.