Re: Europa-List: T. P. Pip pins

Subject: Re: Europa-List: T. P. Pip pins
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:58:45

In a message dated 12/3/03 5:19:22 PM, tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au writes:

> Steve,
> What is this about larger pip pins, and why do you reckon you need them?

Not larger pip pins, Europa Mod #62.
http://www.europa-aircraft.com/Builder%20Support/newsupport.htm

"There have been some cases of wear developing in the 1/4=E2=80=9D drive pins
and
their associated bores in
the tailplane torque tubes, resulting in play in the pitch drive mechanism.
This modification replaces
the 1/4=E2=80=9D diameter pins with 3/8=E2=80=9D diameter pins."

Wear has nothing to do with me. Putting the 1/4" pins in I caught the edge of
one of the TP12 and I fish mouthed the hole. I tapped down the fish mouth and
had to drill the damaged edge out. This required the larger pins to fix my
fixing.

So, have you got an engine type sorted, and prop, instruments etc?

I have the 912S, taking the starter and gear box off this weekend and sending
to get the upgraded starter and slipper clutch installed. AirMasters is in
its box. Bluemountain EFS lite and KMD 150 are ready to go.......

SteveD.

Trying to set the wings, outside in 30 degree weather.... good fun.... don't
know if i can wait until it gets down to incident of 2.5 degrees out, I'll
freeze! ; )