Re: Europa-List: Anybody ever fool with 914 monitoring software?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anybody ever fool with 914 monitoring software?
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:29:31

In a message dated 12/3/2003 8:06:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us writes:

> Anyone have hands on with 914 monitoring software?
>
> What exact information does it provide to you, and allow you to do?
>
> Could you feed the info to a PDA and use it as an engine monitor when
> flying?

RPM, Airbox pressure, Ambient pressure, Airbox temp, Throttle position, Servo
position. It is a DOS program that is very simple and useful -- mainly to
look at things you don't normally see like airbox temp. That is why I now know

that I need an intercooler to get better MP at high altitude - bumping up
against the airbox temp limit - indicated on a laptop computer on one flight.

Dave
A227
Mini U2
135 hours