Re: Europa-List: oil temp sender

Subject: Re: Europa-List: oil temp sender
From: Carl & Dot <carlp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:30:18

Hi Graham,

I emailed them and are waiting for a response.

I think you may be right. My current theory (and hope) is that somehow the
unit has switched from Centigrade to Farenheit without changing the over
temp limits. When I was running the engine yesterday the oil temps and CHT's
were indicating between  140 and 160 degrees and if this was a farenheit
reading that would have been ok ( the engine was not up to full operating
temp) . The only problem was that it was tripping the overtemp warning lamp.
At the time I didnt check to see if the system was set to C or F.

Normally the oil is about 105C and the CHT about 90C at normal operating
temp. This would transalate into 240 and 220 F.

Unfortunately I cant get at the engine again until wednesday.

Thanks for the hint anyway.

Regards,

Carl

PS - Are you coming to the Dinner on Saturday?