Europa-List: Spraylat

Subject: Europa-List: Spraylat
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:55:09

>Spraylat
>Hi folks,
>
>I am installing the windows and I noticed on Tony K's log that he
>recommends Spraylat to coat the polycarbonate so it doesn't get
>scratched.

One or two things to watch with Spraylat. If it is left on for a long time,
(couple of years) and particularly if it's exposed to sunlight or UV, it
goes brittle and is a real pain to get off. I am told the best way to
remove it if that happens is to add a couple more coats.
BTW the windows are not polycarbonate, they're polymethyl methacrylate.
Plexiglas or Perspex. The US supplied ones are Polycast I believe.
Graham

---