Europa-List: Mid Week Fly In and Landings Voucher Use.

Subject: Europa-List: Mid Week Fly In and Landings Voucher Use.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:22:02

Hi! Guys.
This weeks fly in to Bourn was successful in spite of Bryan having me think he
had authority to land at Brough British Aerospace Harrier field !  5 Europa's
made it behind the passing weather front.

Now you will find my achilles heel!  I'm useless at remembering names........
Those attending :-  Paddy Clark, William Mills, Bryan Allsop, Tony ? with Dari
Saga as passenger, and myself.... when the "tower" was able to contact me on the
OLD FREQUENCY ! Perhaps you all need to amend your records  the NEW Bourn
Frequency
is 124.35 since March.  ("The Flyer" Vouchers still carried the OLD frequency.)
However had I made PPR Contact this would have not been a problem but
over an hour I tried to call them about 20 times always finding the 'phone
engaged.

It was voted that I am to call for the NEXT WEEK FLY IN  and I have selected
SANDTOFT
(EGCF) Frequency 130.42 Radio Sandtoft. Waddington Zone (127.35) Humberside
Radar*** (119.125)  (****NB Incorrectly quoted  on current Jeppeson 1:500
000 VFR+GPS CHART) From the South it is important to use Waddington(EGXW) MATZ
since it joins the  Conningsby(EGXC) Stub and you need to be over 3500ft or
contact them or risk a new Eurofighter UP THE CHUFF! Lincolnshire also has more
training area than any other county (Excepting North Scotland) so don't fly
at  or below  the magic number 250ft  or it may be a Tonado !
No need to feel threatened, if you talk to them they are very helpfull AND
UNDERSTANDING
(need to be with me around!")and remember they are on TERRA FIRMA and
you are "UP HERE risking all!" Keep a good watch ,don't fly with "YOUR HEAD
IN THE OFFICE!.

Sandtoft has a hard runway( 05/23) but microlights also operate and there is a
local flying area NE of the field clear of built up areas. The Co-Ordinates
are:-
N53 33.58 W000 51.50. Circuits at 1000' level -LH on 05 RH on 23- ---23
threshold
displaced by 170m due to lamp standards. Fuel 100LL.

Licensed Bar and EXCELLENT lunch facilities.They will be expecting us so let's
not disappoint them !
"Todays Pilot" Magazine carries Free Landing Vouchers plus Lunch Vouchers to the
value of =A32.50.Valid to end of NOVEMBER.

Special point to note .... the 05 Runway is best seen from "final" by
approaching
---From over a local Golf Course and over the M180 and look for the runway just
to the RIGHT of the MOST LEFT HAND BUILDING WHICH IS THE HANGAR unless they've
built one I don't know off !.( the approach being over an industrial estate,
the remnants of the original airfield).

Since the "Today's Pilot Magazine also carries Wickenby(EGNW) vouchers  may I
suggest
that you use your Wickenby Vouchers on the same trip and make it a two
centre FLY IN ! (Freq. 122.45) which is under the MATZ stub of Scampton (EGXP
EG(R)-313 the Red Arrows Training Area and Waddington Zone Approach Path.(Not
above 1500ft unless cleared by Waddington Zone. Circuits at 1000ft all left
hand.
34/16 - 21/03 Hard Runways.(Don't try to use the OLD RUNWAY EXTENSIONS to
the South or you'll finish up in chicken sheds or mounds of earth !)Fuel 100LL
unless you ask me to have some Mogas unleaded available in MY cans!(NOT FREE
OF CHARGE!)(Co-ordinates N53 19.00 W000 20.98 My base field)

Obviously selection of the "day " has to be left to the last minute due to the
weather factors.  So I'm suggesting Wednesday 19th OR Thursday 20th. I will
publish
the decision by 1800 hours on TUESDAY 18th Nov.
My Home/Work Number is :-  01472 852498  Or Mobile:- 07973 832741.

I would appreciate some indication of interested flyers for this event?

I also have suggested that you bring along any current vouchers that you haven't
a "hope in hell" of using to pass on to more local flyers with possibility of
using them.  For example I passed my BODMIN vouchers to William Mills who has
a much better chance of utilising them. On this question I would also seek to
suggest that should you ever have any such  unused vouchers it would help other
Europa Club members if you "declared" such on the forum for interested parties
to ask for them to be sent to them by mail.Flying gets more expensive day
by day and the Magazines make us these kind offers so I feel it is a worth while
effort to accept their generosity?
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG   Europa MKI /Jabiru 3300.