Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 07:17:46

Cliff Shaw has the dynon in his bird which I test flew.  This is just the
best piece of equipment you can put in a panel that I have seen.  There is
no lag time, it's very easy to read and just plain cool looking!!

Remember I flew his plane without the benifit of knowing all about the guage
or even reding a manual.  The menus are really easy to use - even without a
book, and the display is logical and dosen't require any thinking.

Now - where is MY christmas list.......

Bob Jacobsen
A131

>From: DJA727@aol.com
>To: europa-list@matronics.com
>Subject: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS
>Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 01:19:45 EST
>

>Hello Group!
>
>I am now getting dangerously close to purchasing the Dynon EFIS system. Due
>to a lack of vacuum, I am now committed to an electrical attitude system.
>The
>Dynon will fit right in and allow me to have attitude info even when the
>engine
>is shut down in flight (an every other flight occurrence in the Mini U2).
>
>I would love to get feedback on anyone's experience with that EFIS before I
>make the big move. Obviously, it would be great to have a bigger display,
>but
>the Europa's panel space is limited and I am leaving the mechanical
>altimeter,
>ASI in for back-up. I will be replacing my vacuum ADI with the Dynon. The
>price is barely more than an electrical attitude gyro and if it works as
>they say
>it will, my days of manually setting the heading gyro will be over.
>
>The EFIS looked pretty good to me when I saw it at OSH. The attitude info
>seemed to be very smooth as was the heading. I don't know how the airspeed
>or
>altitude information works, but I do have the mechanical back-up.
>
>Thanks for your help in advance.
>
>Dave
>A227
>Mini U2

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded