Europa-List: Sternpost top rebates?????

Subject: Europa-List: Sternpost top rebates?????
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:57:40

Can someone further ahead please tell me what the rebates either side at
the top of the sternpost are for? One of them conflicts with the top hinge
point of my rudder. The other thing I have noticed from temporarily
clecoing it in place is that I can easily distort away from vertical. I
haven't got my front bulkhead in though yet. So, if I was to set up the
sternpost vertically before templating up my rear bulkhead, can I simply
take a mid point at the top and put it over the longitudinal axis????
Sorry if everyone gets 2 of this message. I too am getting duplicated messages.
Reg
Tony Renshaw